slider

Happiness is....

Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Sharing & Inspiring..




Do you agree that when we develop a habit, it is hard to change?
In most cases, this sounds negative doesn't it, but in the case of happiness, it sounds desirable.

'Our habits make us.  Like wheels running on the road, they wear the tracks or ruts in which our life moves.  Our character is the result of our habits.  We do the same thing over and over a thousand times, and by and by it becomes a part of ourselves.' J.R. Miller.

I have found over the years, as I re-constructed who I was and what kind of life I wanted, that I have become a much more aware and happier person due to my daily habits.  I understand what gratitude is and with that, naturally an overwhelming feeling of contentment and joy follows.  I also know that in this world, many twists and turns occur that threaten to disturb my positive attitude but as I said, habits are hard to change and so, I remain focused on what is good and less so on what is not.

I want YOU to feel this way too.
How?
Well, by developing your own habit!

And so.........
Welcome to my challenge....


*here's how to play*

~ I want you to capture the moments in your life that sum up what 'happiness is' for you.  It can be anything at all!
~ Share your moment (or moments) on Instagram, on the Six By The Bay Facebook page or on Twitter using the #SBTBhabitofhappiness hashtag and each week I will share some of the lovely images that have made me smile.
~ Once a month, I will highlight some of the photos that have been shared by you all here on my blog! Just think, your delicious moment could inspire many in this beautiful big world! (and you could meet some amazing people that you never knew existed!)
~ Browse other #SBTBhabitofhappiness photos and be inspired! Say hello, connect, benefit from being a part of a positive, grateful community and soak up all of the happy vibes! By taking time to appreciate simple moments of joy, you will develop the ability to look beyond all else and always seek out goodness. This will become one of the most rewarding habits you could ever acquire!


~ It is up to YOU to recognise those magical moments in your life!
~ Share as little or as much as you want!

So, get involved. Tell your friends.  Celebrate just how wonderful your life really is!

'Live the life you love. Love the life you live.' - Bob Marley


Enjoy the ride!

















16 comments :

  1. Fabulous idea Leigh, such a great thing and I look forward to joining in! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful that you are joining in Deb xxxxx

      Delete
  2. A great idea! I love sharing photos of what makes me happy on Instagram, it helps you see the beauty around you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Elise! Same, I am a visual person and love to be inspired so I really hope this gains some love! Hope you join in xxxx

      Delete
  3. I love it! Emotions are contagious - love the idea to spread more happiness around. And to celebrate it (we often get caught up/give more attention to the other emotions, but what you focus on always becomes bigger). Awesome campaign :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thank you for your comment. Yes, I agree that other emotions get more attention, hence why we must take notice and celebrate all thats good in our lives! Its improved my well being in doing so! Take care xx

      Delete
  4. A lovely idea, I'll try to remember to jump on board. I've just started a wee project also, not quite as lovely as yours, but trying to remind myself, and others, to be calm and less cranky parents! Keep reminding (me) us won't you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I love your notes and can absolutely relate! Especially the late nights. Can never find the right balance there! xxx

      Delete
  5. I've been doing a similar thing this year, but it's just on my own and my hashtag is #findingthejoy. But it's basically the same idea; practicing being happy and actively looking for moments of joy and then embracing them.
    I'm all for good habits forming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,
      Youve got the right idea! Awesome!! It is a practise indeed and one that requires much repetition! Thanks for stopping by xxxxx

      Delete
  6. I've been doing #100happydays that has been happifying my feed - I'm happy for extra happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, Im going to search you soon! Cant wait to share in your happiness xxxxx

      Delete
  7. that sounds great! I've seen the 100happydays too but haven't been inspired to join in obviously because the thought never crossed my mind. I'll try to remember to join in. I'm sure I'm following you on IG, will double check! x Aroha (for #teamIBOT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would LOVE you to join in!!!! Look forward to sharing the love xxxx

      Delete
  8. This is fabulous Leigh! You can never have too much happy, and I'll definitely play along.
    If you have any photos that would suit my Random Zen Ten challenge on IG, I would love to see xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spreading happiness <3 love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!! It puts a smile on my face..... (unless you say something nasty, then not so much) xx

Hover to Pin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design